This weekend Sophia and I made a LOT of stained-glass lollipops for her to sell at her next business day. We’ve made these before and they were a big hit. These would be fun at a kids’ birthday party as an activity. They are easy, pretty, fun and they taste fantastic!
Here’s how to make them:
1. Buy Jolly Ranchers and other hard candies in bulk. Unwrap them all and sort by color.
2. Triple bag them in ziplock bags.
3. Send the kids outside and let them crush them with a hammer. You might want to do this on another rag, or cardboard or something because the bags often break.
4. Dump candy into individual bowls.
5. Sprinkle crushed candy onto cookie sheets lined with tin foil. It works great to layer the colors. Make sure to leave enough room between them because they flatten out and spread when melted.
6. Put cookie sheets into the oven (300 degrees) and leave them until the candy is completely melted. Remove from oven.
7. Immediately roll the sticks into the lollipops while the candy is still soft. See photo above. Keep in mind the orientation of the stick/lollipop. If you want them to fit into bags, you need to make sure to insert the stick into the candy vertically, not horizontally.8. Let them cool completely. When they are completely hard, peel them off the tinfoil CAREFULLY.
9. Place into bags.
10. Enjoy! Aren’t they pretty?